Following, modeling after, and preaching the Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ, until His return.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
1) WE BELIEVE – The Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, inerrant in all that it teaches, and accomplishes in full God’s purpose of salvation in Jesus Christ to people.
2) WE BELIEVE – The Bible carries the absolute authority and standard which governs our faith. We further believe that through the power of the Holy Spirit, God speaks to us in the bible today so to govern our words, deeds, intent, thoughts and values.
3) WE BELIEVE – There is only one living and true God, the Creator, the Provider, and King of all things in heaven and earth, who is eternal, perfect, and holy in nature. God carries the triune persons of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All three are of the same substance and attribute yet distinct in their roles, and in their harmonious co-working for creation and salvation.
4) WE BELIEVE – Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was made flesh of the virgin Mary and the Holy Spirit. Jesus in the flesh is both God and man, a union of divine and human nature in one person forever.
5) WE BELIEVE – At the will of the Father and the wilful choice of the Son, Jesus died on the cross as atonement for sin. He was buried and raised in body and spirit on the third day for our justification. He ascended to heaven and now reigns and intercedes for His redeemed at the Father’s right hand.
6) WE BELIEVE – All of humanity is affected by the consquences of sin. We are sinners as we have sinned against the Holy character of God, and are hostile toward God.
7) WE BELIEVE – By God’s grace, believers are saved through faith. Salvation is the gift of God, not gained by the merit of human works. This gift of salvation is made effective by the acceptable faith of believers. The continuance in a state of salvation will be kept upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
8) WE BELIEVE – God forgives and redeems all who repent of their sin, and have faith in Christ Jesus. Believers pledge their faith in their covenant with God through baptism. God justifies them through their faith and gives them new life by the Holy Spirit. Being led and kept by the Spirit of God, believers are called to live in holiness, unity, love and joyful obedience to Jesus Christ.
9) WE BELIEVE – The church is the people of God, the Body of Christ, and fellowship in the spirit of all those saved by the Grace of God. We further believe that His one, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church expresses itself in a local body of believers and encompasses and transcends the various local, denominational and transdenominational expressions of the life of the believing community.
10) WE BELIEVE – Believers are commissioned to make disciples for Jesus Christ. All believers are called to live in a vocation of discipleship. They are sent into the world by God to proclaim and demonstrate the Gospel of Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit.
11) WE BELIEVE – At a day and hour known only to God, Jesus Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead, and consummate His Kingdom of Righteousness and Peace. The righteous will be resurrected to eternal life in the new heaven and the new earth, and the unrighteous will be resurrected to eternal punishment.